Healthy ingredients make for healthy meals! Simple enough—but how do you know what’s ‘healthy?’ Does ‘gluten-free’ mean healthy? What about ‘low-fat,’ or ‘sugar-free?’ Just about EVERY item in the grocery store today tries to convince us that it’s the healthiest choice.
And then there are the millions of nutritionists, doctors, and bloggers online, telling us something different every day! Yesterday coconut oil was deadly, today it’s healthy. Today dairy milk is a bone-building superfood, tomorrow it’s giving us cancer. Don’t get lost in the hype!
- Flour–What's the difference between white and wheat? What about 'white whole wheat?'
- Bread–Is multi-grain better than whole grain? What about sprouted grain, or grain-free?
- Pasta–Are there whole-grain options besides whole wheat? Is vegetable pasta healthy?
- Oats–Are rolled oats healthier than instant? What about steel-cut?
- Oils–Which oils are the healthiest for cooking? Which oils should you avoid?
- Milks–Is skim better than whole? Are non-dairy milks healthier than dairy?